|
wordsilongtohear
foreverandeverbabe
|
|
|
haziqah idris.ar
|
|
|
Something to ponder.
Friday, April 24, 2009, 8:29 AM
I came across this busker(?) at Amk when I was on my way home just now. I was captivated by his voice when he was singing Ronan Keating’s song, When You Say Nothing At All. I even walk back to the place and listen to his singing. Somehow, I feel for him. It made me think a while, why do some people have to suffer when they don’t deserve to or when things are already tough for them? By the way, the busker is blind. You might come across certain busker who might pretend to be handicap just to get money. They always believe in easy money. They don’t bother to advance themselves to learn certain things, rather than asking people to donate to them when they’re perfectly able. What I’ve learnt is that sometimes, you can be taken advantage of when you’re too nice. Sometimes it doesn’t pay off being nice. If you don’t, they’ll say you’re arrogant. There are people who will keep the knowledge all to themselves and not share with others; there are people who are willing to share their knowledge and teach you a thing or two. There are people who take advantage of the situation/people, even with their family members. They don’t care about such thing called “own flesh and blood” and “the ones who actually brought you up”. Some people would even go to an extent of stealing their own family member’s things, pawning them just to get what they want. They always solve their things by the short cut instead of working hard. Once they get their pay, they’ll either splurge it on themselves or their partners and not to their family members. They never take an initiative to make up for whatever they’ve taken from his/her family members. When you give them money, they’ll keep on pestering you and demand more. True, money keeps the world goes round and it could make you happy, but temporary. But what pisses me off the most is that, some people would just go the easy way to get what they want instead of earning it themselves. It’s understandable if they’ve used the money for good use.During WPD, Why do man work? - To earn a living for their family. - To reward themselves for their hard work. - To upgrade themselves and have a place in society. This made me think of what my Mum said. “See, papa have to work at dangerous place to keep the family going and feed the family. You all like to spend money like nobody’s business.” My father’s job requires him to go to the shipyard once in a while to inspect certain things and just a week ago; his friend fell to his death. He was only 28 years old. I wish from this, someone could be more human, mature and dependent. And I wish his/her bloody useless gold-digger girlfriend/boyfriend would be the same too. I just detest these kinds of people, living off their partner’s money when they are not legally married. It’s okay if you want to spend money on them once in a while, but $100 is not enough each month? Asking him/her to top up your prepaid every week? That’s ridiculous. It’s nothing personal. Like I said, something I came across and ponder. |
|